In Memory ~ Our Friend ~ Kenny George Cox 1978 - 2009

Please feel free to leave positive, uplifting remarks and/or story(s) about Kenny's life. Scroll down to the post 'Share a Story' and click on the comments link to read and leave your story.

More Kauai pictures - Scoll down - Right side






Aug 18, 2009

Kenny Cox-My Brother, My Friend

Born August 1st 1978-Laid to Rest August 13th 2009- 31 Miraculous Years of Life

Kenny Cox is without a doubt one of the greatest human beings I have ever known and will probably ever know. There are very few people in this world that understood me and connected with me like Kenny. He transcended the ordinary and when with him I felt that I, if even for a moment, was able to escape into that realm of the extraordinary that Kenny forever lived in. He made me a better human being each and every time I connected with him. His actions spoke louder than his words and when he did speak it was to add to your points and not to take away from anything you had said. Kenny believed in living a life that was more natural and real than society deemed fit. He didn't want to miss a sunrise, a sunset, or a starry night. He would pause throughout the day to stop and point his body towards the sun and gather up the rays. He loved the be free and sought after an Eden that would allow him to drink freely from the waters, eat freely from the land, and sleep freely under the sky without the aid of unnatural walls and glass. He knew that this natural connection is what is missing most in people today and is something society is losing, as we continue to disconnect and separate ourselves from our natural world. The primitiveness that Kenny found brought fulfillment to him, peace, and a sensitivity to the world and others that made him unique. He believed in taking time to find yourself and then putting yourself out there for people. The risks he took, whether they resulted in success or failure, helped him grow as a human being and capture the hearts of everyone he came in contact with. Kenny was not concerned with money, material possessions, success or failure. His only concern was that everyone was happy and on their own journey to self-fulfillment. He cared so much for the happiness of everyone and only mildly prodded for us to contemplate a simpler life, filled with fewer things, but with more room for love. Kenny, I can't tell you how much I loved you and I will miss you for all my days here on earth. I have no doubt that I will be reconnected with you in a bit as you would say, around a fire, or maybe in cave at a hotspring somewhere. I will live my life to honor those things that we so most cherished and will never forget to pause, look to sky, and ask myself, what would Kenny do?

With infinite love,

Your friend forever,

Brian

1 comment:

  1. What a sad loss. I knew little of kenny off the mat but he was always a role model for me growing up as a young wrestler looking up to him and striving to be as good as him. I will always remember him as an amazing wrestler and an individal who only gave his best at whatever he did. My thoughts and prayers will be with his family.

    God bless the Cox family

    Colby Covington

    ReplyDelete